We offer rent to own on our portable buildings. I get a lot of questions about how it works, so here goes...
Rent to own has a lot of advantages when compared to a typical purchase, and one disadvantage too. I'll lay it all out for you right here.
So what exactly is rent to own?
Rent to own allows you to get any building we make immediately (as soon as we make and deliver it to you), and make monthly payments until it is paid for in full and then you own the building. You do not own the building until the last payment is made, or you pay off the cost of the building early.
There is no requirement for you to keep the building, so if your circumstances change, or for whatever reason you need to stop making payments, you can call us and we'll come pick up your building, and your financial obligation ends. If you do keep your building and pay your monthly payment for the term of the rent to own, or you pay it off early, you'll own it.
Advantages to a Rent To Own Graceland Portable Building
- Very little down payment. Typically we require you to pre-pay down your first two monthly payments.
- The monthly payments you put down are actually your first monthly payments, so if you put two payments down, your next payment is not due until the third month you have your building.
- You get your portable building as soon as it's made for you and delivered
- We will customize your building for you. Any size, any style building. Doors, windows, porch, roof color, siding color, radiant barrier, etc. We build it specifically for you, the way you want.
- No credit check (bad credit, bankruptcy, whatever, no problem)
- Make monthly payments
- You'll own it when done with your payments
- If your circumstances change, and you need to get out of it, you just call and the building will be picked up, and your financial obligation ends
- You get to choose which day of the month you make your payments on
Where else is someone going to custom build and deliver up to a $15,000 or more building, without checking your credit, your job, your income, anything? All we require is a driver's license and your down payment.
Now I'll cover the disadvantage, and there's only one... The fact is you will pay more money overall for your building when you rent to own it, than if you paid cash or got a traditional bank loan for it. Every month your payment will be paying part of your principle, a rental payment and your sales tax. It works similar to a traditional loan, but it's not a loan, so there's no interest, just the rental payment. We put a lot on the line by building, and delivering to you a custom made building, and getting very little money up front, so the extra that you pay on the rent to own pays for that risk that we are taking.
One more thought specifically on the Graceland Portable Buildings rent to own. Our buildings are the best built buildings on the market! You'll own a building that looks great, will last and that you can be proud of!
I hope this helps you understand the process of our rent to own program.
Give us a call or come by to take a closer look at the quality of our buildings. We'll work up a custom quote for you on the exact building you want.